Gluten Free,Vegan, Soy Free Orange Marmalade Tea Cake Recipe
Updated: Jul 23
This cake is my absolute favorite and belongs at the center of a tea party (or in your personal pantry, so you don't have to share it with anyone). It's light, not overly sweet, refreshing, and sooooo moist (sorry I know everyone hates that word)! My boyfriend made it for me with the purpose of creating something spectacularly delicious that was gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, and corn-free. He nailed it. It tastes just like a lemon bar...except obviously with orange...and goes exceptionally well with an afternoon coffee or tea :)
Here's how it goes:
-1 cup almond flour
-1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
-1/2 cup tapioca flour
-2 tsp baking powder
-3/4 cup Monk Fruit sweetener (or coconut sugar)
I like Monk Fruit because it doesn't cause massive blood sugar surges like other sweeteners do & is friendlier to your gut than other alternatives.
-3 tbsp coconut cream + 1/2 cup coconut cream water (of the water left in the can, when the cream separates out)
-1/2 cup fresh orange juice
-1/3 cup melted coconut oil
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-Zest of 1 orange
-2 tbsp flax meal
-1 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the glaze (optional, but SO GOOD):
-1/2cup coconut sugar
-1 tbsp coconut cream
-Juice of 1 orange
-Zest of 1/2 orange
1. Pre-heat the oven to 355 F & line an 8in baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk in the squeezed orange juice, coconut cream + coconut water, melted coconut oil, orange. zest, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients in the dry ingredients bowl and fold gently with a spatula until well combined.
5. Pour cake batter into baking dish and bake in oven for 45min.
6. While the cake is baking, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients in sauce pan over low heat, stirring gently until it reduces to a glaze consistency (like marmalade)
7. Let cake cool for at least 20 minutes before topping with glaze.
8. Enjoy!...and also try not to eat it all in one go :)
Making mint tea to go along with the cake