Classic Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
There's nothing quite as classic as a perfect chocolate chip cookie. No fluff, no extra weird flavor pairings or spices, dunks perfectly in a glass of milk, pairs stupendously with a mug of hot chocolate (recipe here), stores great in that cute little cookie jar that you keep in the kitchen...but that doesn't ever have any cookies in it because you eat them all...ya get it. The perfect chocolate chip cookie is, well, perfectly classic. The thing...alternative baking recipes can get expensive super quick, which is not so fun when the fruits of your labor are gone before they hit the cookie jar!
The following recipe makes REALLY F***ing GOOD Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies that are (actually) fairly cheap to make in bulk!
For the BEST gluten free, grain free, paleo, & refined sugar free cookies (with an option to make dairy-free/vegan!) read on...
1/2 cup softened grassfed butter (sub 1:1 coconut oil for dairy free/vegan option)
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1 large egg (or 1 flax egg: mix 1tbsp flax meal + 2.5tbsp water & let gel for 10min)
1tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp sea salt
2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
1cup chopped dark chocolate
optional: flaky sea salt to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix butter & sugar until smooth. Add egg & vanilla, stir until smooth.
2. Add almond flour, salt, & baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix well & fold in chopped chocolate.
3. For best flavor/texture, cover & refrigerate dough for an 1hr+ (not needed if ya dont have time aka want cookies NOW)
4. Form desired sized cookies & place on lined baking sheet. Optional: flatten cookies slightly & sprinkle w/sea salt.
5. Bake 10-13min, depending on cookie composition.
6. Enjoy! Don't bother storing them, because there won't be any left over to store!