PB&J Chia Pudding Recipe
Updated: Jul 22
Nothing quite replaces the satisfaction that a classic PB&J brings after a hike, a workout, as a playground leverage trade, or literally any other time. However if you are avoiding gluten/grains altogether, you'll be hard press to find a sandwich replacement. Hence, this is not a sandwich replacement :) It is, however, a PB&J sandwich taste replacement (and is just as portable, given you have a container and potentially a spoon). I would argue this Berry + Nutbutter Chia Pudding is also less messy/sticky than a PB&J sandwich. But that, of course, is a very subjective matter...
Berry + Nutbutter Chia Pudding
-1/4 cup chia
-1/2 cup coconut cream
-1/2 cup coconut milk
(if you don't like coconut, you can replace the 1/2 cup cream & 1/2 cup milk with 1 cup of another alternative milk- the consistency might be slightly different, but not much)
-pinch o' salt
-1 10oz bag frozen berries (I like raspberries best)
-juice of 1 lemon
+ optional: 1tbsp freshly grated ginger
-1 tbsp nutbutter (obvi I used sunflower seed butter)
1) Mix chia seeds, coconut cream, coconut milk, and salt in bowl. Set aside to congeal, stirring occasionally to ensure even consistency.
2) Gently heat frozen berries, grated ginger, and lemon juice on stove top, stirring occasionally.
3) When berry mixture is just simmering, remove from stovetop & drizzle over chia milk mixture.
4) If you like the berry mixture as a topping to the chia milk pudding, then keep it as a drizzle on top. Add tbsp of nut butter as an additional topping. Otherwise, blend raspberry mixture & nutbutter throughout pudding.
5) Eat immediately or store in air-tight container in fridge.